PRIVACY NOTICE: Your data will not be shared with anyone. It is stored on your phone. None of your personal information such as name, birthdate, and gender are collected or associated with your data.
(1) Buy the Scosche sensor at the link below:
(2) Make sure the sensor and phone are charged up.
(3) Install the Body-Mind Reader app
(4) Purchase and install the Body-Mind Reader app on your iPhone. Accept and click through the User Agreement. At this point, you have the option to click “instructions for use,” which will direct you to this page on your phone. It’s easier however to leave this page up on your computer so you can refer to it as you go along.
(5) Strap your sensor to your arm . See illustration to the right.
(6) Regardless of whether you’re following the instructions on your phone or your computer monitor, at this point you need for the app to be pulled up on your phone. So, switch to the app.
(7) Start the sensor by pressing on the middle of the grey plastic square. A flashing blue light indicates the sensor is trying to connect to your phone.
(8) If asked, “Allow” Bluetooth.
(9) In the app, press the green ‘START’ button. If the sensor has not been connected, a warning will come up, saying, “Bluetooth LE Manager: HR Sensor not connected.” No problem! Select “Scan” to find the monitor.
The program begins by taking baseline measurements. After 20 seconds the device will provide feedback about how Heart Rate (HR) and Heart Rate Variability (HRV) are changing from your baseline measures. If you are sitting when taking your baseline, remain sitting during the session. If you are standing, walking or running during the baseline measurement, remain standing, walking or running during the session. Press ‘STOP’ to end the session. Press ‘RESET’ then ‘START’ to begin another session with a new baseline.
When HRV is changing faster than baseline change, your ability to control energy is increasing. These changes show as GREEN. BLUE indicates no change from HRV or Heart Rate from baseline. RED means HRV intervals are changing slower compared to baseline which indicates decreasing control. So in general, you want to be in the GREEN not the RED.
There are three gradations of each color from darker to lighter. The brightest shades of GREEN, RED, and BLUE indicate increases of Heart Rate over baseline. That is, bright colors indicate increases in energy–increasing Heart Rate. Darker shades indicate decreasing energy. But that is fine if you are not moving around much. One need not use too much energy when sitting. But you can still have good body-mind alignment as long as you are seeing GREEN, regardless of the shade of GREEN. When very active, HR should increase–the colors will get brighter.
You can view changes in a single block where only color changes, or in a gridview showing ENERGY and CONTROL changes separately. To change the view, touch the button in the middle of the screen.
EXPERIMENT BY CHANGING YOUR THOUGHTS, POSTURE, ACTIVITY LEVEL, AND THE DEPTH AND RATE OF BREATHING. FEEDBACK FROM THE DEVICE INDICATES THE SORTS OF MENTAL STATES AND BODILY ACTIONS THAT PRODUCE THE MOST HEALTHY ALIGNMENT (GREEN). COMPARED TO LESS HEALTHY ALIGNMENTS (RED), HEALTHY ALIGNMENTS ARE USUALLY ASSOCIATED WITH MORE POSITIVE THOUGHTS, INTENTIONS, AND FEELINGS. YOU CAN ALSO EXPERIMENT BY INTERACTING WITH OTHER PEOPLE WHILE USING THE DEVICE. POSITIVE RELATIONS WITH OTHERS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH MORE ALIGNMENT.